Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Is anyone else excited?



I am. I know he's not perfect, but he's the best chance for some change.

Think I may have to stay up and watch the victory. In fact I might even cry when he wins and I'm not African-American, or even American.

What we need is a similar evangelical, principled figure to shake up the British establishment. Perhaps that too will happen as we go into this downturn. I do hope we all become more involved as opposed to more individualistic and/or apathetic. Today, that's what I feel is happening within me. On days where 'THE FEAR' is paralysing me I'm just as self-obsessed as ever. Still, baby steps forward.

3 comments:

Mrs L said...

Isn't like the feeling when Blair became prime minister in 1997?
The American system that kicks them out after 8 years has some benefits.

Hannah said...

I know what you mean but I think even bigger. 'Things can only get better' eh... look what happened there? Found this on the Economist, you might be interested. I think much of this is probably right
http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=12562373&mode=comment&intent=readBottom

Hannah said...

Ooops sorry wrong link

http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?story_id=12562373