Wednesday, November 5, 2008

FANTASTIC

I've been watching the youtube Obama video that Tamsin posted this morning. It is indeed inspirational. What's interesting though is the running commentary being posted under it every few seconds. Some of the racist comments are shocking and to me, really shows why this is still such big, big news. As a 'bleeding heart liberal', sometimes I forget all do not think the way we do.

Aside from any of that, no more George W Bush. Thank goodness.

I'm struck that we can see the crash of the financial system followed by this inspirational news, all within six weeks or so. Times are a changing and we can - we must - make a contribution in whatever way is possible for us.

Oh, and of course I did cry when it was announced at around 4am. Pretty predictable really!

1 comment:

Russ said...

Thanks for the link to the video on Tamsin's blog. I hadn't seen it previously - quite moving. I may not be a big fan of Jesse Jackson's, but I was able to keep it together last night until I saw him weeping tears of joy. I remain truly overwhelmed.