Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ah yes, this is real life

Back at work. (Never fear, not for long, just a month-long contract initially.) Day 3 and I'm remembering what real life is like. I have no time to write and waste time reading interesting things on the internet whilst I debate what to do with my life (which is probably already half-lived anyway, I may add, particularly with my bad Grant genes)

I actually have a focus, and it is BRILLIANT. I promise, I will never moan about work again. I'm never happier than when I have a project and I'm right in the middle of it. Yes! Identity! Status! And lovely new high heels from Dune to help me think into this status, I see them as a work necessity. They were in the sale and are on my Amex card which is just as well. Being a freelancer I am technically a supplier so heaven only knows when I'll actually get paid.

Being a freelancer also means you think much more about the value you're actually adding. Better go.

No comments: