Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Step two: apply for a job

It's amazing how quickly the buzzwords come back. I've spent all day doing a skills CV for a marketing role with a learning and development consultancy. Even that last sentence... I can hear the chorus of 'bzzzz bingo!' ringing in my ears, probably three times.

I found a folder dedicated to fretting about my career. I have literally spent hours and hours over the years analysing my strengths and weaknesses, or should I say 'development areas'. 'Bzzz' once more.

So struck by the energy that went into all of this! And to what end? I'm not sure. So I can regurgitate it all on a piece of paper? I doubt very much I do anything differently as a result of it. Any change in my approach has come through actual experience, not just knowledge gained through my Myers-Briggs type, my typical Thomas-Kilmann conflict mode, my preferred Belbin team roles.... you still with me? I can hear the buzzer going furiously.
After completing this task, I then foolishly got lost in my blog from the past year. What was I thinking? Oh new and interesting experiences, described through normal use of the English language.... come back to me!

Never mind, as you can see, the sun is shining today, although I've not been outside at all to enjoy it, I've been hunched over the laptop. I did get dressed in my jeans and Alta hoodie today though - no sweatpants - and I even put in my contacts. Progress.


No comments: