Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Step three: face financial reality

Totted up the finances. I've got about $600, purely monopoly money here. It just offsets the £300 overdraft. So that's zero. If I cash in my premium bonds and sell the BT shares, that'll take me up to £700.

Shit.

Time to forget all ideas of hanging out at a yoga retreat for the next few months or learning to sail or in fact anything that requires any money at all. Lucy gave me some great advice last night. I asked her to let me know if she had any inspiration for me. She said: "I do. Get a job."

So this morning, I'm off to the Job Centre. Maybe I can sign on. It could be worth it just for the concession card. And it will definitely be a cultural experience.

Oh, and it's raining again. See view from two days again.

No comments: