Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Same same but different

Six weeks back in the big smoke and corporate life and I feel as if the past 2 years have been a dream. The memories feel like a film; as if I'm watching someone else experience what I've experienced and being with the people I met. It's most odd.

I was walking along Bishopsgate the other morning around 8am, tuned in to one of the tracks Russ put together for me: 'Blue Sky' by the Altman brothers. And for one moment I was back in the Utah desert with Sarah, Lee, Jane and Spence - open road and cold camping and cheap beer and a huge smile on my face post-Ben. A million miles away from me in my Paul Costello navy suit and heels checking the crackberry for the day's meetings.

And yet I'm enjoying it - I'm loving the role, it's great to be back with Jan, I have a bright team, there's huge amounts of change happening in the business and my programme is part of that...... Well, if there's one thing I do well, it's adapting.

However. A powder alert arrived in my in-box this morning - the Bird has had nearly 7 foot in the last 12 days. Dumping it down...... It really is the best place in the world to ski. Nowhere else consistently gets this type of snow on this kind of terrain. Dad was in France for a warm up the other week - everyone was going "wow" with a dusting.... and he thought "you have no idea."

This looks like it was taken around the 'Mach Schnell' part of the mountain... the only place that has Aspens. I still can't ski in tight trees.... sigh.....


1 comment:

Neal said...

I always curse that I didn't take the opportunity myself to go to the Bird with ye - especially considering I was the one reccommmending it to you! Sounds like it's amazing, positive thoughts - was it not snowing in London? :)