Thursday, September 4, 2008

Relapse

Definite relapse today whilst sitting on my inactive arse trying to finish a dull presentation. I was languidly moving little coloured stars around in powerpoint and trying to follow some suggestions on how I could improve the structure and flow to sell the story more effectively. As you can imagine, my concentration didn't last long, and as if by magic, I ended up here, at Ski Independence.

This outfit are based in Edinburgh and they have North American jobs for this season! North America! When there isn't a sniff of an H2B in sight. It's a sign, I know it.


Oh God. Rang focused and committed sister for emergency chat on these very two character traits in which I am sorely lacking. Honestly, I think I have ants in my pants for my whole family. I don't know where I get it from, both my Mum and my Dad are very good at making decisions and sticking to them. Well, actually, that's perhaps not strictly true.


Sigh. Escapist fantasies of powder/ mountains/ green card/ me in another life aka Kristen Ulmer, this is her above. She does Zen-type ski breaks for a living these days. How totally cool. Should've just blown some money on a few days with her when I had the chance.

4 comments:

Neal said...

I never did hear how the States went with you. I'm guessing pretty well going by this post :)
I'll be in Nz again from January and not aiming to go back to Ireland for a while - where in the world will I meet you next?

Unknown said...

Hahaha... rehab always has its temptations.

Depends if you're trying to go through rehab or just work out what makes you happy.

Snow makes me happy.

Hannah said...

Sam, your comment is so funny. So true. I'm not sure I actually do want to go through it, but financially I have no choice!

Hannah said...

Oh and Neal, I can't believe you're off again! Well, I can. Will mail you, it's long overdue.