Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to Borneo

It's been a month now since I got back from Borneo; I wanted to write about it at the time but a stint cat-sitting in East Dulwich rather took up my time. In a way, this is a good thing, as I am now through the melt-down I've been having since my return. I think this would have read very differently a couple weeks ago: it has stirred up all sorts of emotions and needs (which I shall deal with one at a time!)





How fantastic to go as a tourist, to see Mia get married, to spend time with Chris and Sam - and to go back to Batu Puteh. Needless to say, I cried on arrival and I cried on leaving. I will never forget the warmth and support I got from everyone there. I'd never experienced anything like it before and I haven't since.




The ecocamp is amazing. They have made a wonderful job of it; what a special place. Getting the chance to stay overnight at the end of the trip was probably the highlight.




Rosli is The Man.
I am so lucky to have got to go back, with those people, at that time. Whatever I write here can't express it.


All the pics are on flickr.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sheesh, I completely missed this post Han!

I hope you're doing ok now, long time no speak..

It was an absolute pleasure to be there with you, whilst we hot footed it around the country, and had some amazing experiences whether it was looking at the monkies, eating chinese breakfast in Sandakan market, or the torch lit walk to our respective cabins in that amazing place we call Batu Puteh.

Be well,

Sam Nut